17 April 2014

ORC Week 3

Morning loves and welcome to ORC Week 3.
Week three of the ORC is the best because it rhymes 
and the worst because you are halfway through
and have now realized you are desperately behind schedule and a massive failure.
Or is that just me?
The drywall is still not finished because the hillbillys that built my stairwell
 apparently did not own a level.
It should be finished tomorrow though and that makes me super happy!
The stairs are all stripped and need to be planed and sanded down.
I briefly toyed with staining the floors a rich mahogany color
but after looking at about a zillion pictures of black stairs
I think I will stick with my original plan of painting them black.






 I die over this last photo!
 Hopefully my panel moulding will look that good when it's up!
The Lucite chandelier will go in Monday or Tuesday
and once it's up I can finally decide on the handrail.
I have one that I've already stained black and had planned on using until I saw this picture.
Do you love the railings?
Le sigh! SO lovely!
But is it too much next to this guy?
 My stairwell is so narrow I only have room for one rail
so I'm trying to decide what would give it the most appeal visually.
Any thoughts?
Hope you all that are also playing along have been having success this week!
I love checking out all of your progress!
 And if you're not doing your own ORC,
 please please go look at what the other ladies are up to!
So much inspiration!
xoxo
Rebecca

10 comments:

  1. Black stairs and a Lucite chandy will suck any residual hillbilly vibe right outta there. Awesome plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one feeling behind schedule! I can't believe we are halfway through...I'm definitely not halfway done with my room! The black stairs are going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some beautiful images. Black stairs are beautiful. I really love the idea of a lucite handrail if you can pull it off. I don't think it will be too much with the lucite chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Loving the inspiration pics you have and the black stairs--wow! I'll be back next week. Also, on a side note, not sure if its just me but I couldn't click on your link at calling it home...kept getting an error message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that lucite handrail. I think it would be awesome with the chandelier! The black stairs are going to be so beautiful. Can't wait to see next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still cannot get over that amazing chandelier... and I think a Lucite handrail would be fabulous!! This is going to be so glam!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucite rails are always a good idea I think! Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for the lucite - I think it would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lucite and a chandelier...a great combo! looking forward to seeing what you choose. dana

    ReplyDelete